Monday, June 27, 2011

Artistic Interpretation

Lady Gaga inspires me to take a greater interest in art because she artistically interprets her videos to indicate a controversal issue by the use of her outfits and overall music video content. I personally love her outrageous outfits, and although I wouldn't look at them for first hand inspiration in my outfits, she definately allows us to go all out fashion forward and not feel awkward or embarrased. In her earlier videos she was more "pretty", such as in Love Game, Poker Face and Just Dance.



As Lady Gaga's album "The Fame" increased in popularity, she became more daring with her style, knowing she had nothing to lose. I applause her bravery. Although I realise she may have gone too far, influenced by my vegetarian friend;
Another side to her fashion may not be fashion at all, but just dressing up. But who is to say fashion is being yourself, but instead, your alter ego. Whatever fashion is, or what our heart says it is, we must embrace it. Fashion is neither right nor wrong, it's our opinion. Lady Gaga went all out with her wacky style when she created her extended album "The Fame Monster".

Her style can sometimes be scary and shocking, but I personally admire that about her. She knows the music industry needs a change, to shove it to the other end of the spectrum by the use extreme fashion. Instead of covering up with a blonde wig and piling on makeup, she embraces her beauty from inside by wearing peices that express her crazy personality. We will never know the real Lady Gaga. But that keeps her image all the more interesting, she's a mystery...

3 comments:

  1. completely agree about gaga, it's good how confident she is!

    thanks for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments :)